My Gallery

Welcome to Pikay's Gallery

I'm a self-taught crocheter/knitter that's always hunger to learn more. A mammoth thank you to all fellow crocheter/knitter that took their time to post videos and written tutorial. It wouldn't have been possible without your contribution! THANK YOU!

2/18/2012:

Wow! Another year slipped by...how time flies when you're knitting :) It's obvious, I've been slacking on my blog update. Last post was 4/27/11! I'm officially an occasional blogger only. What I slack off in blog, I more than made-up in knitting and crocheting. Most of my projects are somewhat recent on Ravelry.

Major milestone for 2011:

Shelliyanni went live on 8/6/11. My first knitting pattern for sale.

All patterns here are for personal and charitable use only. Please do not sell the patterns or the finished project. Thank you for honoring this request.



Jacquards Macaroon V Vest



It is wonderful to be able to incorporate such a lovely colored garment without having to switch yarn, intarsia or any other color-knit/picture technique, BUT it does come with a major downside when knitting with Jacquards... matching up the color stripe if you're knitting anything other than in rounds or continuous square/rectangle.

For this vest, it was fun until it comes to separating for back, and V shoulder shaping. In order to keep the color stripe pattern consistent, one would have to cut the yarn in different length, and section. It just defeat the purpose of an easy self-pattern, color knitting. On the contrary, it just became more hassle than knitting with more than 2 color of yarn.

I had to estimate how much of the "brown" section and "dotted" section of the yarn is needed to knit the different width for the back, and shoulder. Lots and lots of yarn cutting, and mad load of weave-ins!! 



Yarn: Bernat Jacquards in Macaroon
        Bernat Baby Sport in Baby Blue for edging

Needle: 4.0mm
Size: 24 months old




  • Armhole edging is crochet of 4 rows of sc
  • Neck edging: PU 77 and I used Seeded St

No comments: