This skirt is for 6 year old already with an elastic bands, and it's falling off before I add the straps.
So this is what I did:
Added an adjustable straps on the inside. This definitely save me from having to go out and hunt for those adjustable elastic band with button loop.
- I sew the button about 1" off the side seam of the skirt on the inside
- Sew on a baby fingering yarn about 2.5" from the button. Leaving about 1" tail.
- Pull up a loop and chain 20, sl st to lst ch. Fasten off
- Sew fasten off tail to skirt
- Knot it together a few times with the beginning tail to ensure the sew on chain won't come loose when it's stretched when worn
|Add a button & a ch-20 loop.|
|Loop once to tightened.|
|Loop again (if you want it tighter), turn loop into figure 8, and hoop around button.|
|After adding the straps.|
Then I started thinking, if she wear her shirt in, it would look bit funny. So I got thinking of adding the straps on the outside.
|Adding the straps and button on the outside of skirt.|